Jobs at Central Penn Business Journal
Central Penn Business Journal/Lehigh Valley Business is seeking a business reporter to cover banking/finance, small business, real estate and manufacturing/construction. Candidates should be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and love to break news online and expand and polish them for print.
We are an award-winning business-to-business publication, delivering news focused on the needs of our business and professional communities in the Harrisburg and Allentown/Bethlehem regions.
Past business writing experience is a plus. Familiarity with mobile journalism, spreadsheets and social media is required. Ability to shoot photos and video is helpful.
If you’re interested in becoming part of a small but talented team, please submit your resume, 3-4 clips and a cover letter.
Central Penn Business Journal and Lehigh Valley Business are owned by BridgeTower Media, and offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
Central Penn Business Journal and Lehigh Valley Business are recognized as the leading business news sources in Pennsylvania. These are digital-first newsrooms providing niche news that businesses need to grow and thrive.
We are looking for an editor to develop and manage content for our wide array of digital and print news and information services. In this position, you are the face of CPBJ and LVB in the community and responsible for the vision and management of the newsroom. You establish and maintain relationships within the business community. In partnership with the group publisher and managing editor, you provide leadership to the organization.
- Managing the vision for our brands, developing new growth opportunities and building audience through essential, unique content;
- Managing a small but nimble newsroom;
- Managing the content and navigability and growth of our websites;
- Continually working on features and innovations to serve readers and build paid audience;
- Leading the preparation of our daily newspaper and special publications;
- Serving as a host and thought leader for webinars, roundtables and live and virtual events;
- Keeping on top of industry innovations and trends;
- Providing leadership to ensure the highest standards of professional ethics.
We are seeking an experienced, digitally savvy editor with a strong track record working in a daily or weekly newspaper environment. Experience with a business-to-business niche product is a plus. You must be a proven leader with strong journalism skills and excellent management and product development skills.
CPBJ and LVB are a part of BridgeTower Media, provider of business and law news and information in markets across the country. We offer competitive pay, great benefits and a great team atmosphere.
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, please submit your resume along with cover letter.