A top Central Pennsylvania childcare provider has completed a nearly $2 million expansion and renovation at its York-area center.
The U-GRO Learning Center also is adding five employees as part of the project at its facility at 1321 N. Sherman St. in Springettsbury Township, near Route 30 and the Harley-Davidson Vehicle Operations plant.
The center offers full- and part-time programs for children 6 weeks to 8 years old, two to five days per week. U-GRO now has a staff of 30 employees in York.
“Our new building will help us accomplish our goal of providing an exceptional learning experience for pre-school students,” Greg Holsinger, U-GRO president and CEO, said in a news release.
U-GRO has 11 child care centers in South Central Pennsylvania, including locations in York, Mechanicsburg, Harrisburg, Hershey, Lititz, Lancaster and Lebanon.
The York center was originally built in 1997, and today it enrolls more than 150 children.
The renovation project, which took six months to complete, features:
• Two additional classrooms, one for toddlers and one for pre-schoolers.
• A new 1,800-square-foot indoor play space with tube slides and playground equipment.
• A new outdoor toddler and pre-school playground.
• Newly-renovated classrooms.
• A new security and communications system.