In late June every year there is always a bit of excitement brewing at Central Penn Business Journal.
It’s a time when we honor women leaders in the community with the Business Journal’s Women of Influence awards have. Honestly, the Business Journal – if I am so bold as to say it – is a leader in recognizing women business leaders.
Tradition and honor. Those words carry weight for all organizations.
But change has to be a part of the equation if we want to grow internally and in the community.
The early summer awards program has always carried a fun theme, making it a celebration. This year we are taking steps to enhance that celebration. We’ve changed the time, moving it from a daytime event into a more formal evening celebration. (Let’s face it, who doesn’t like to get all fancy dressed every now and then?)
But the biggest change we have made is adding the inaugural Circle of Excellence awards.
The Circle of Excellence awards honor those exceptional women who are at the pinnacle of their careers. They are icons of their industry and have held a sustained leadership role in both their organizations and the community.
The Business Journal has chosen 12 leaders for the 2019 Circle of Excellence honor.
This year’s inaugural inductees are:
- Susan P. Byrnes, York County commissioners
- Linda Carchidi, The JFC Staffing Company
- Dana Chryst, The Jay Group
- Patricia A. Husic, Centric Bank
- Tara Mashack-Behney, CFP, ChFC, Conrad Siegel
- Kim S. Phipps, Ph.D., Messiah College
- Cheryl Rhein, Penn Air
- Carolyn Schaefer, York Traditions Bank
- Robin Stauffer, High Foundation
- Jean M. Treuthart, YWCA York
- Lisa Wagman Glezer, Wagman, Inc.
- Mary Webber Weston, Webber Associates; BURN 30
You probably will recognize most of these names. Many are past Women of Influence award winners and are well known in their communities. We look forward to highlighting their accomplishments at this year’s program.
And since we are on the subject, here are the Women of Influence honorees for 2019:
- April Adley, Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Children’s Hospital
- Mandy Arnold, Gavin Advertising
- Jan Bergen, Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
- Jamie Berger, C & J Catering
- Jane Conover, York County Community Foundation
- Elizabeth Dellinger, York Traditions Bank
- Amy Diehl, Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania
- Robyn Dougherty, Brown Schultz Sheridan & Fritz
- Sara Firestone, Members 1st Federal Credit Union
- Twila Glenn, The Twila Glenn Group at Joy Daniels Real Estate
- Katherine Granbois, Esq., Saxton & Stump, LLC
- Nora Habig, M&T Bank
- Heather Hall, Mid Penn Bank
- Elizabeth Harriger, McKonly & Asbury
- Vikki Hultquist, Hershey Entertainment and Resorts
- Kim Kenawell-Hoffecker, MSFS, AWMA, CDFA, CRPC, Avantra Family Wealth
- Anne Kirby, The Candy Factory / The Sweet Core
- Mary Kohler, The H&H Group
- Wendy Lakatosh, CPA, RKL LLP
- Cheryl L. Love, RLA, ELA Group, Inc.
- Bili Mattes, Harrisburg University of Science and Technology
- Rebecca McClure, River Wealth Advisors
- Kathleen McKenzie, Highmark Blue Shield
- Terri Redmond, Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency
- Gina Riordan, Drug Free Workplace PA
- Kathryn Sandoe, LCSWMA
- Lisa Sanford, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of General Services
- Deborah Suder, Buchanan Ingersoll and Rooney
- Lori Suski, Middletown Area School District
- Cathleen Veach, MD, UPMC Pinnacle
I hope you will join us for this highly anticipated (and fun) event.
If you go:
The Women of Influence awards will be held from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., June 24 at the Hilton Harrisburg. The winners also will be profiled in a special magazine that will be inserted in the June 28 edition of the Central Penn Business Journal, as well as posted online at cpbj.com.
Learn more at: https://www.cpbj.com/event/2019-women-of-influence/