The Cumberland County Board of Commissioners recently approved an additional $1.21 million in Cumberland County Recovery Grants to businesses/nonprofits for COVID-19 recovery.
Receiving funds earmarked for capital improvement projects are:
· Jeffrey W. & Jo Anne Coy Public Library of Shippensburg, $78,252
· Joseph T. Simpson Public Library, $318,850
· Cleve J. Fredericksen Library, $79,843
· New Hope Ministries Inc., $350,000
· Carlisle Tool Library, $66,500
· Employment Skills Center, $133,441
· Marantha-Carlisle, $54,187
· United Way of Carlisle & Cumberland County, $129,645
In total, the county has granted almost $17.26 million in COVID-19 recovery money to colleges and in the areas of mental and physical health, infrastructure and businesses/nonprofits.
Paula Wolf is a freelance writer