The Bloom Business Empowerment Center, under the York County Economic Alliance, announced Wednesday that $36,000 was awarded to 29 entrepreneurs in the final two Bloom grant rounds of 2022.
The Women’s Business Center Organization, a program of the alliance, earmarked $22,500 in Bloom grants to 20 small-business owners after a pitch competition held at the WBCO’s December Luncheon.
Also, graduates with perfect attendance during this year’s Bloom Small Business Development Program were invited to apply for a grant to support start-up costs or improve established business services. Finalists pitched their business or business idea during a virtual competition, and the judges awarded $13,500 to nine business owners or rising business owners.
Overall, 66% of the grants went to individuals of color and 93% were awarded to women.
Receiving Women’s Business Center Organization grants were:
· Belle4All Beauty Supply, $1,500
· Dons Divas Salon De Beaute, $1,500
· Essentials Salon & Day Spa LLC, $500
· Goals Salon and Boutique, $500
· Holley Group LLC, $500
· Indigo Bleu, $1,000
· Innovations Hair Studio, $500
· Insatiable Melanin, $1,500
· Little Blessings Children’s Day Care, $1,500
· Locally Seasoned, $1,500
· Meraki IV LLC, $500
· Scholar Styles Beauty Bar & Day Spa, $1,000
· Tetra Design Co., $1,500
· The HRart Center, $1,500
· The Party Palooza LLC, $1,500
· This is a Farmhouse, $1,000
· Triple T’s Catering and Decorating LLC, $1,000
· Tucker & Co. Bakery Café, $1,500
· Verdure Day Spa & Wellness Center, $1,000
· Yoga Steph LLC, $1,500.
And the nine businesses or future businesses awarded grants in the Small Business Development Program perfect attendance round were:
· Creations by Chevonne T LLC, $1,500
· V Pretty, business to be created by Vilma Baez, $1,500
· Eden Sweets and Acai, business to be created by Jailyn Marquez, $1,500
· Soepro Productions and DJ Services, $1,500
· Old McDonald had a Farm Stand, $1,500
· Art is in Rugs, business to be created by Thatiana Baez, $1,500
· C&L Glamour Events & Rentals, $1,500
· Curb Media Group, $1,500
· Fire Life Yoga and Wellness LLC, $1,500.
Paula Wolf is a freelance writer