An upcoming free workshop in York will teach business leaders basic principles they need to know to do business with local, state and federal governments.
The workshop, “The Selling to the Government: The First Steps,” conducted by Lewisburg-based SEDA-Council of Governments, will be held 10 a.m. to noon, Sept. 13, at Mantec, 600 N. Hartley St., Suite 100, York.
• How the government buys goods and services.
• Certifications and registrations necessary to sell to local, state and federal governments.
• How government agencies advertise their opportunities.
• Locating subcontracting opportunities with government “prime” contractors.
• And understanding the sales process.
The workshop also is co-sponsored by the Innovative Manufacturers’ Center and the Lock Haven University Small Business Development Center.
Registration is required and can be completed online, SEDA-COG officials said.