The Harrisburg Regional Chamber has named a local health system official (and mayor) as its board chair for 2018, while the chamber’s Capital Region Economic Development Corp. has chosen the head of a statewide banking association to lead its board.
Sheilah Borne, associate vice president of government health relations for Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State College of Medicine, has been named chair of the chamber’s board. She also is the mayor of Paxtang in Dauphin County.
Nick DiFrancesco, president and CEO of the Pennsylvania Association of Community Bankers, will serve as chair of the CREDC board. He also is a former Dauphin County commissioner.
Other chamber board officers include:
- Barb Bowker, PSECU, is 1st vice chair
- Tom Sposito, S&T Bank, is 2nd vice chair
- Meron Yemane, Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, is treasurer
- Greg Gunn, Gunn-Mowery Insurance, is secretary
- Karen Gunnison, Capital BlueCross, is at-large member
Other CREDC board officers include:
- Jeannine Peterson, Hamilton Health Center, is 1st vice chair
- Ben Dunlap, Nauman, Smith, Shissler & Hall, is 2nd vice chair
- Mayur Patel, Laughner Patel Developers, is treasurer
- Mike Funck, Wohlsen Construction, is secretary
- Casey Khuri, NAI CIR, is at-large member
New chamber board members include:
- Joanna Turner, The Hershey Co.
- John Lawn, Hershey Entertainment & Resorts
- Catherine Prince, Vartan Group
- Bob Murphy, Boyer & Ritter
- Mike Gossert, Quandel Construction Group
- Amma Johnson, Amma Jo Brands
- Bill Sutton, Mowery
New CREDC board members include:
- Katie Clark, LeTort Trust
- Brian Kelly, Buchanan, Ingersoll & Rooney
- Beth Peiffer, Ralph E. Jones Inc.