Five Lancaster entrepreneurs are moving on to the final stage of a competition that could net their businesses $70,000 in cash and prizes.
The businesses are the finalists in the Great Social Enterprise Pitch, an annual contest sponsored by nonprofit Assets and the Lancaster County Community Foundation to help socially minded entrepreneurs get the resources to move forward with their ideas.
The five finalists were selected out of 11 original participants that were announced in April. These entrepreneurs will compete in the final stage of the competition Oct. 6, during which they will have five minutes to pitch their idea to a panel of judges and an audience of community members at the Ware Center in Lancaster.
The finalists are
- Bridge: A restaurant serving food from countries whose citizens have been recently banned from entry into the United States.
- Green Matters Natural Dye Co.: An environmentally conscious dye company.
- Language Beyond Borders: A provider of trained language interpreters.
- Meraki Mocha: A farm-to-table cafe employing people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Lancaster Fellow Foodies: A healthy meal-delivery service with a focus on hiring people with barriers to employment.
More information is available on the competition’s website.