2015 Women of Influence
Monday, June 15, 2015
11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
North Second Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
The Central Penn Business Journal is looking for women leaders who are influential in their companies, industries and communities to be nominated for the 2015 Women of Influence awards. Successful candidates will have a solid reputation based on their experience, integrity and leadership, and have a proven track record of accomplishments.
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
Deadline to nominate is
February 13, 2015.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Whom should I nominate? You should nominate a woman in business that is an established leader and has a proven track record of accomplishments in business and community service. We’re looking for the woman behind the business, her personal successes and achievements and how she individually inspires others. Our nominees are the best and brightest our community has to offer. Multiple nominations for the same person do not enhance the nominee’s chances of being selected as an honoree.
- Why should I nominate someone? This is a chance to honor a peer or a mentor who has been influential in their companies, industries and communities.
- Can I nominate myself? Self-nominations are welcomed and encouraged. The nomination form is looking for detailed answers about a nominee’s career, goals and business/personal growth. Who better to answer these questions then the nominee herself? We also ask for a copy of the nominee’s resume.
- How are the honorees chosen? Honorees are selected by a panel of independent judges. The judges will select the 25 women based on five categories that include career accomplishments, leadership, personal/business vision, community service and mentoring.
- What makes for a well-done nomination? Well-done nominations tell a personal story of the nominee’s path to success, obstacles overcome, unique talents, etc. The best nominations are clear, concise and complete.
- Does the woman have to be local? Yes. The nominee must currently be employed in any of the following counties: Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry and/ or York.
Other eligibility requirements:
- Cannot be a member of the judging panel, or a member of any judge’s immediate family.
- Past Pennsylvania’s Best 50 Women in Business award recipients ARE eligible for this program, past Women of Influence winners are NOT eligible.
- Nominees may be employed in for-profit businesses or nonprofit organizations EXCEPT 501(c)3 organizations and government entities.
- Must be a woman who holds a senior management-level position with significant authority in decision making for her organization.
- Only one individual may be nominated per company.
Women of Influence Award: Presented to 25 women in our local community.
Woman to Watch Award: Presented to a woman, age 30 or under, who is stepping up to help shape the Central Pennsylvania of tomorrow.
Community Achievement Award: Presented to a woman who has dedicated a significant amount of time, energy and expertise to helping midstate community organizations thrive.
Lifetime Achievement Award : Presented to a woman who has committed her life to making Central Pennsylvania a great place to work and live.
See below for past program highlights.
Click here to view the 2014 honorees. Submit Nomination
Central Penn Business Journal
1500 Paxton Street
Harrisburg, PA 17104