Awards: YWCA Lancaster names "Women of Achievement" for 2018
Honors, designations and recognitions.
Susquehanna Township-based National Utility Contractors Association of Pennsylvania named Kevin J. McKeon 2018 Associate of the Year for significant impact to the association and the utility contracting industry. McKeon is vice president/general counsel at Wagman Inc.
Rapho Township-based Keystone Chapter of Associated Builders & Contractors gave its 2018 Project of the Year to Poole Anderson Construction for their Give a Child a Voice Fitness Center for the Millersburg Area School District. Project of the Year finalists included: Benchmark Construction Co. Inc. for Cardio Overbuild WellSpan Ephrata Community Hospital, and for Lancaster General Health Tri- Generation Plant Overbuild; James Craft & Son Inc. for Lancaster General Health Energy Center; Paul Risk Construction for Yorgos Restaurant Renovation; Warfel Construction Co. for Granite Farms Estates Apartment Building E Renovations at ACTS Retirement-Life Communities; and Wohlsen Construction Co. for Sollenberger Sports Center at Messiah College.
ABC Keystone’s 2018 Overall Safety Awards recipients included: Mowery, for General Contractor Over 50 Employees; and RLS Construction Group, for General Contractor Under 50 Employees.
Wisconsin-based equipment dealer Case Construction named Silver Spring Township-based Groff Tractor & Equipment LLC a Diamond Dealer for the third year in a row for excellence in sales performance, marketing and communications, product support, parts support and training.
Ranking organization OnlineMasters.com named Harrisburg University of Science and Technology’s Masters in Project Management Program to eighth place on its list of Top 47 online masters programs for 2019.
Michigan-based College of Healthcare Information Management Executives named two midstate health systems to its list of Most Wired for using health care IT to improve the delivery of care and embracing new technologies that support population management and value-based care: UPMC Pinnacle and Penn Medicine/Lancaster General Hospital.
Harrisburg-based U.S. Green Building Council Central Pennsylvania gave its Forever Green Awards to building practitioners and sustainability professionals for innovation and excellence in green building across the state. Winners included:
- LEED Project of the Year: South Middleton School District, Iron Forge Elementary School, Boiling Springs.
- Improving the Acceptance of Green: PA DCNR Buchanan State Forest, Resource Management Center, Clearville.
- Innovative Project, New Construction: Franklin & Marshall College, Shadek Stadium, Lancaster.
- Innovative Project, Residential: State College Community Land Trust, GreenBuild Duplex, State College.
- Climate Champion: Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Combined Heat & Power, Hershey.
- Climate Champion Honorable Mention: Messiah College, Student Enhancement Project, Mechanicsburg.
- Green School of the Year: Manheim Central School District, Doe Run Elementary School, Manheim.
- Rise to the Challenge: Bucknell University, Hildreth-Miza Humanities Center, Lewisburg.
- Commercial Project of the Year: Koch 33 Toyota Dealership, Hecktown.
- Greenest Apple: Tom Horton.
- Community Changemaker: Scot Chambers.
- Six Years of Service: Scott Pusey, F. Joshua Millman and Ken Shultes.
- Sustainable Leader of the Year: City of Lancaster.
YWCA Lancaster named its 2018 Women of Achievement, who were selected for exemplifying “women on a mission” in their chosen fields and in the community. Honorees included: Melisa Baez, director of entrepreneur training at ASSETS; Vy Banh, co-owner of Rice & Noodles Restaurant; Beth Becker, grade 9 principal at Hempfield School District; Bonnie Glover, retiring director of Domestic Violence Services of Lancaster County; Willonda McCloud, president and CEO of Bright Side Opportunities Center; and Kayla Schneider, Child Advocate and Miss Keystone 2018.
Please send announcements concerning awards received to email@example.com. We do not publish photos for award recipients. Please do not send duplicates of your release. Releases should include the municipality in which the company is located.