Members 1st rolls out bigger C-suite team, plans for 2019
With the recent hiring of a COO, Members 1st Federal Credit Union now has a larger C-suite team in place as it eyes growth in 2019.
The Lower Allen Township-based credit union on Wednesday unveiled its expanded management team, which includes seven people serving under George Nahodil, Members 1st's president and CEO.
Members 1st was previously led by a president/CEO and four executive vice presidents. But the organization has grown to more than $4 billion in assets and branched deeper into commercial lending. Officials said the time was right to beef up the management team.
The credit union also had a couple of retirements, which led to some new hires this year who are now part of the new management team. Several of the job titles on the team also are new to the organization.
"We had fit all departments under one of those vice presidents," said Michael Wilson, the company's chief marketing officer and chief relationship officer. "So now we have flattened that out and are aligning the team with our strategic goals. For us, it's a pretty exciting time as we are expanding our brick-and-mortar locations."
Members 1st has more than 400,000 members and nearly 60 branch locations in seven counties.
The credit union plans to open a new branch in Halifax, Dauphin County, on Dec. 3. Wilson said the credit union is planning to add five branches next year, in Adams, Lancaster, Lebanon, Dauphin and Berks counties.
Members 1st also is looking to expand its use of social media and invest more in digital marketing to improve customer convenience and experience, he said. The expanded management team will help lead that effort.
The new management team includes:
- Karen Christian, chief lending officer, who is responsible for all consumer and business lending activity, as well as the credit union's settlement services. Christian has been with Members 1st since 2014, but wasn't previously part of the management team.
- Kathy Jumper, COO, who oversees retail services, member services and facilities operations. Jumper was recently hired away from InTouch Credit Union in Plano, Texas.
- Steve Murray, CFO, who leads the financial accounting, budget and operations, treasury management, planning/analysis, investment services and insurance services. Murray was an executive vice president and CFO for the organization. He was on the previous management team.
- Jason Reimer, chief administrative officer/general counsel, who is responsible for support services, collections/loan servicing and associate experience/human resources, including learning and development. Reimer was hired in April as general counsel and recently added the chief administrative officer title as part of the management transition.
- Frank Serina, chief risk officer, who leads loss prevention, business continuity, physical security, Bank Secrecy Act/anti-money laundering, risk management and compliance. Serina was senior vice president of operations and had previously served in other vice president roles over the years. Chief risk officer is a new title for Members 1st.
- Bob West, CIO, who is responsible for information technology, telecom, information security and strategic planning/project management. West had been an executive vice president and CIO for the organization, but he's only been with Members 1st since March. He was on the previous management team.
- Michael Wilson, who serves as chief marketing officer/chief relationship officer, who oversees marketing, public relations and relationship management. Wilson was vice president of relationship management and has been with Members 1st since 2016.