Destination Gettysburg launches trail to showcase craft beverages
Destination Gettysburg is revving up a new marketing program to highlight the growing craft alcohol industry in Adams County.
Adams County Pour Tour - representing a partnership between the visitors bureau and 14 breweries, wineries, cideries and distilleries - will officially kick off on May 11.
The visitors bureau said the new trail, which joins similar programs in Central Pennsylvania, is designed to create a memorable experience for county visitors.
Adams County, the state's top apple producer, has been at the forefront of helping the hard-cider industry blossom in Pennsylvania. The county also is in the heart of Pennsylvania's fruit belt, so it has become a preferred location for growing other products, including grapes for wine.
Breweries and distilleries also are calling Adams County home, much like they are doing across Central Pennsylvania.
"The Pour Tour is a great way to highlight a variety of craft beverages — ranging from wines to ciders, beer and spirits — all found right here in Adams County," said Norris Flowers, president of Destination Gettysburg.
Each person taking the tour will be given a passport and collect stamps along the way to earn prizes. Prizes are awarded for collecting five, 12 and 20 stamps. The trail also will help highlight annual events in the county, such as Gettysburg Brew Fest, Gettysburg Wine & Music Festival and PA Cider Fest, as well as smaller-scale events like food tasting and pairing events.
Stops along the trail include:
- Adams County Winery, Orrtanna
- Adams County Winery’s Wine Shop at 25C, Gettysburg
- Battlefield Brew Works/Spirits of Gettysburg, Gettysburg
- Boyer Cellars, Biglerville
- Brookmere Wine & Tasting Room, Abbottstown
- Buddy Boy Winery & Vineyards – Tasting Room, Gettysburg
- Center Square Brewing, Abbottstown
- Halbrendt Vineyard & Winery, Orrtanna
- Hauser Estate Winery, Biglerville
- Knob Hall Winery – Tasting Room, Gettysburg
- Mason Dixon Distillery, Gettysburg
- Reid’s Winery: The Cider House, Gettysburg
- Reid’s Winery: The Home Winery, Orrtanna
- Thirsty Farmer Brew Works, Biglerville