Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Vimeo RSS

Lebanon County Career and Technology Center to add nursing course

By ,
(Photo / )

The Lebanon County Career and Technology Center's newest nursing course is still three months away, and it's already full.

Following approval from the state Board of Nursing, LCCTC — as the center is commonly known — will add a full-time daytime practical nursing program beginning in February each year.

The new full-time February class will accept 35 new students each year, bringing the total number of students accepted into LCCTC's practical nursing program to 165 annually.

Thanks to the increased demand for licensed practical nurses, or LPNs, the February 2018 class is already filled to capacity, center officials said. LCCTC is still accepting applications for the July 2018 class, however.

There are 46,855 LPNs in Pennsylvania, LCCTC practical nursing director Jenny Neidigh said. Nonetheless, the state's burgeoning population of older adults means there simply aren't enough LPNs to meet the demand.

"This new class will allow us to increase the number of nurses our program produces which will help with the local shortage," Neidigh said.

The program will instruct students how to create plans of care, supervise nurse assistants, give direct care such as measuring vital signs, passing medications, administering IVs, wound care, and more, LCCTC officials said.

LPN students can earn a degree in as little as one year, and earn an average of $42,880 per year, Neidigh said.

"We at LCCTC realize that licensed practical nurses are very important to the community and the nursing profession," center administrative director Glenn Meck said, adding that job placement for LCCTC practical nursing graduates currently exceeds 90 percent.

More From This Industry

Roger DuPuis

Roger DuPuis

Roger DuPuis covers Cumberland County, health care, transportation, distribution, energy and environment. Have a tip or question for him? Email him at rdupuis@cpbj.com. Follow him on Twitter, @rogerdupuis2.

test

Please note: All comments will be reviewed and may take up to 24 hours to appear on the site.

View Comment Policy

Comments

rosesandra March 30, 2018 2:01 am

The Lebanon County Career and Technology Center give secondary school also grown-up understudies with the ability learning and understanding important to accomplish work like coursework writing. Which will progress in professions seek after training also advance their lives.

John Hozy December 27, 2017 11:36 pm

The Lebanon County Career and Technology Center give high school as well adult students with the skill knowledge and understanding necessary to attain employment like australianreviewer.com. Which will advance in careers pursue education as well enrich their lives.

Heer December 19, 2017 10:02 am

Here are the diffrent STUDENT CAREERS oppotunity for all.

jacky December 19, 2017 10:01 am

Here are the diffrent STUDENT CAREERS oppotunity for all.

DavidAustin December 19, 2017 12:50 am

I buckle down and make a point to read and investigate my notes each night with the goal that I don't fall behind by any stretch of the imagination.. The workload can be troublesome and upsetting on occasion, particularly when we have various tests in a day. Clinical and lab encounter enables us to get out there and rehearse our skill hands on. Essay Help | EssayEmpire

DavidAustin December 19, 2017 12:49 am

I buckle down and make a point to read and investigate my notes each night with the goal that I don't fall behind by any stretch of the imagination. The workload can be troublesome and upsetting on occasion, particularly when we have various tests in a day. Clinical and lab encounter enables us to get out there and rehearse our skill hands on. Essay Help | EssayEmpire

Karen Jones November 20, 2017 8:34 am

It's a cool nursing program. Really. When I began nursing school, I had problems with chemistry. And the problems were long ago, well, I didn't have any relationship with chemistry. I didn't love it. There was a time when I used the site assignment.essayshark.com/chemistry-help.html by recommendation of a friend. A little later I was able to understand this complicated science myself and I even liked it. But without help at the initial stage, it would be difficult for me.