Google Plus Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Vimeo RSS

Five area efforts among those receiving Ben Franklin funding

By ,
(Photo / )

Midstate efforts to develop a new treatment for diabetic-related dry-eye syndrome and another to create an alternative to leather are among those to receive funding from a State College-based early-stage investor.

Five regional projects are among those approved for investments by Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Central and Northern PA, the partnership announced this week.

Its board of directors approved investments totaling nearly $1.4 million for 13 startups in the center’s 32-county footprint. Locally, they include:

• Ocunova, of Harrisburg, which developed the new therapeutic treatment for diabetic-related dry-eye syndrome, which can result in corneal damage if not corrected, Franklin officials said.
  • Sustainable Composites LLC, of Lancaster, which uses a proprietary technology to extract leather fibers from tannery waste. The result is a sustainable composite material that can be used as a smart alternative to leather.
  • Benefix LLC, also of Lancaster, which developed a platform that automates and simplifies the process used by brokers to sell and enroll benefit products online.
  • Share Tempus Inc., of York, which developed a patent-pending product that enables property protection for owners and renters in the sharing economy, Franklin officials said.
  • CRIMEWATCH Technologies Inc., of Carlisle, which developed a technology that distributes information into geo-targeted communities using a connected network of controlled websites, social media sites, mobile apps and TV kiosks.

The Franklin group, an initiative of the state Department of Community and Economic Development, provides funding, operational assistance and business-support services to emerging tech-based companies and small, existing manufacturers with the goal of creating and retaining jobs in Pennsylvania.

More From This Industry

David O'Connor

David O'Connor

Dave O'Connor covers York County, manufacturing, higher education, nonprofits, and workforce development. Have a tip or question for him? Email him at doconnor@cpbj.com. Follow him on Twitter, @DaveOC_CPBJ.

test

Please note: All comments will be reviewed and may take up to 24 hours to appear on the site.

View Comment Policy

Comments

mongol December 11, 2017 7:37 am

Hello everyone, was interesting to read your article. Usually i'm reading New York Times , but now i will read you too! (https://www.nytimes.com)

Monica Anderson December 4, 2017 1:45 am

Well The information here is very much unique and informative, I have seen it online in Paper Writing Help Online they have mentioned some main points which totally suggest that they are expert in their case.

Monica Anderson December 4, 2017 1:42 am

Ausilia Dellucci November 24, 2017 2:17 am

Today, while I was at work, my sister stole my iphone and tested to see if it can survive a 25 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now destroyed and she has 83 views. I know this is totally off topic how to write a professional essay but I had to share it with someone!

johncris November 16, 2017 12:04 am

thanks for sharing for such informative article its really help full to read gt-i8160

newman November 13, 2017 3:15 am

i'm hoping the same first-class effort from you within the destiny as well. In reality your innovative writing abilities has stimulated me.promotional gifts abu dhabi

newman November 13, 2017 3:13 am

Lisa Amanda November 7, 2017 2:44 pm

I appreciate your efforts in preparing this post. I really like your blog articles. Star Lord Jacket Long | Superjackets

Jennifer Lawrence November 7, 2017 8:50 am

The load and expense ratio are very good indicators of future performance.I would say not great. 82% of their funds carry loads and their expense ratios of most all their stock funds are greater pay someone to do my assignment. You can get plenty of funds with no loads and expense ratio's well under 1%.

Sofia Watson November 2, 2017 3:03 am

The Templeton Fund was founded by John Templeton, a recognized genius in the investment field. But he retired a few years ago and his company was purchased by Write My Dissertation For Me . btw, this fund is a "load" fund which means that there is a commission built into the price. Compare Asking Price vs Bid Price. Check out the "no load" funds before investing.