Smarilli to lead Lancaster General Health Foundation board
The Lancaster General Health Foundation has a new board and a new chairperson.
Businesswoman Kathleen Smarilli has been chosen to lead the panel for a three-year term, officials announced Wednesday.
Her appointment comes as the foundation also named several new members to the board.
Smarilli is president and CEO of Lancaster County-based Smarilli Strategic Partners, and most recently served as the board's vice chair, as well as chair of the foundation's grants and awards committee.
The panel provides oversight of funds raised by the foundation to benefit the Lancaster General Health System and the patients it serves. The foundation acts as the centralized collection point for all contributions and funding requests for Lancaster General Health, the Ann B. Barshinger Cancer Institute, the Lancaster Heart & Vascular Institute, the Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences, Women & Babies Hospital and other LG Health-affiliates.
Smarilli succeeds James Hipolit, who served as chairman since 2014, and remains a member of the board. Member Deepa Balepur, co-founding principal of Compass Real Estate, was named vice chair.
Newly appointed to the board are:
• Todd Brown, chief public defender of Lancaster County.
• Melissa Conklin, president of the United Auxilliaries to Lancaster General Hospital and senior administrative assistant at Armstrong Flooring
• Susan Eckert, principal of the Eckert Group.
• Holly Kutz, Chief Financial Officer of Murray Securus.
• Dr. Nitin Tanna, chief of breast imaging for Lancaster Radiology Associates, LG Health and MRI Group.
Each year, the foundation's board identifies priorities for giving that are aligned with Lancaster General Health’s strategic plan. They will also report annually on how the Foundation has applied the community’s investments.