Central Pennsylvania companies interested in expanding into international markets are invited to join a trade mission to Colombia.
Coordinated by Philadelphia-based MIC International Trade Consulting Inc., the mission will run from July 21 to 26.
Besides coordinating the trip, MIC sees its role as that of a guide for companies that want to get started doing international business but don't know how, says Rick Balmer, a senior project manager with MIC.
The trip has a quota of 15 companies, and the reservation deadline is May 23, but MIC encourages companies to commit as soon as possible. There is a cost.
"The schedules of top-level decision-makers typically fill up quickly," Balmer says. "The sooner you commit, the more time is available to schedule the highest quality meetings for your company."
Colombia, MIC says, is the third-largest and most stable economy in South America, enacted a free trade agreement with the United States in May 2012 and boasts a GDP that has grown more than 4 percent per year for the past three years.
MIC says it has performed more than 150 trade missions in the past 30 years and offers participants on this trip the following:
• At least three to five prescreened, prequalified one-on-one meetings per day with potential users of your services
• Two high-level networking receptions with key business leaders and influential government officials
• An in-country briefing
• A guide to doing business in Colombia
• A market and competitive intelligence report
• Spanish-English interpreters
• Hotel accommodations for five nights (excluding incidentals and some meals)
• In-country land transportation, and air transportation from Bogotá to Cali
• All logistical and meeting arrangements
Afterward, MIC said it offers consulting services to continue the business activities begun in Colombia, including activities such as obtaining regulatory approvals, determining optimal pricing and planning marketing strategies.
For more information or to register, email Balmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.