Seven midstate community banks listed among best 200 in the country
Seven midstate banks made American Banker's list of the top 200 community banks in the United States ranked by three-year return on investment.
The New York City-based magazine examined the credentials of 851 community banks in the country for the report.
The local inclusions, with their rank and return on investment:
52. First Community Financial Corp., holding company for First National Bank of Mifflintown, which has branches in Perry County. Return of 10.76 percent.
94. Jonestown Bank and Trust Co. Return of 10.66 percent.
133. GNB Financial Services, holding company for Gratz National Bank. Return of 9.8 percent.
161. Codorus Valley Bancorp., holding company for PeoplesBank in York. Return of 9.22 percent.
177. Mid Penn Bancorp Inc., holding company for Mid Penn Bank, of Millersburg. Return of 9.04 percent.
181. ENB Financial Corp., holding company for Ephrata National Bank in Ephrata. Return of 9 percent.
184. ACNB Corp., holding company for ACNB Bank in Gettysburg. Return of 8.9 percent.
Pennsylvania banks were far and away the most frequent on this list with 38 banks ranked. California was second with 25. The highest Pennsylvania bank on the list is Citizens Financial Services with a return of 16.74. The Mansfield bank ranked seventh.
BNCCORP of Bismark, N.D., topped the list at 24.3 percent return on investment.
Only banks with less than $2 billion in assets were considered for the list.