Vintage & Vineyards features hundreds of international wines
Hey, wine enthusiasts, get ready for the motherload of all local festivals. This year, the Hershey Wine Festival has been rebranded as Vintage & Vineyards, and it has a spiffy new location. Any guesses where I'll be this Friday night, May 9?
Rounding out Pennsylvania’s Wine Festival Week, Vintage & Vineyards is set among a backdrop of the more than 100 antique and classic cars and vehicles on exhibit at Hershey’s Antique Automobile Club of America Museum. More than 120 vintners from around the world will be pouring samples of 600-plus wines. (You can check out a digital version of the tasting book before you go.) If that’s not an impressive show of vinification, I don’t know what is — there’s no other wine festival of this size in the area.
Tickets can be purchased online or at the door, and there are three options:
6:30-8:30 p.m., $45 ($50 at the door)
• More than 600 premium wines from 120-plus vintners
6:30-7:30 p.m., $35
• Designed for beginner wine aficionados
• Guided tasting of six Chairman’s Selection wines, presented by Steve Pollack, a buyer for the state’s Fine Wine & Good Spirits Chairman’s Selection program
• Join the Grand Tasting from 7:30-8:30 p.m.
5-6:30 p.m., $95
• Exclusive wines for VIPs only
• Opportunity to speak with winemakers
• Butlered hors d’oeuvres
• Join the Grand Tasting from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
No matter which tasting session you choose, you’ll receive a souvenir glass, neck wallet, tasting cards and access to a mobile app that contains information on the vintners. Oh, and I highly recommend a designated driver or taxi for this event. Cheers!