Google Plus Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Vimeo RSS

Dauphin County's Industrial Motor Supply headed for liquidation

By

An industrial parts supplier based in Swatara Township has closed its doors and is heading for liquidation this weekend.

Industrial Motor Supply Inc., at 4200 Chambers Hill Road, posted on its website that it is now closed. Calls seeking comment went unanswered.

An auction listing states the business is going to be completely liquidated starting at 9 a.m. Saturday.

A history page on the company’s website said it was formed in 1951 by Harry Nelson and Clarence Heimbaugh with the purpose of stocking and servicing industrial engines and parts. They began on Market Street in Harrisburg before moving to Chambers Hill Road in 1954.

The business added machinery and staff, while growing its supply business.

In 2000, Mike Nelson Jr. took over the business, according to the site.

In 2001, the company added the trade name IMSupplies. A Chambersburg store followed in 2005 and the company acquired Berweiler Fabricating LLC in New Jersey in 2008.

A call to the New Jersey facility also went unanswered.

IMSupplies added a fire apparatus division in 2008.

Jason Scott

Jason Scott

Jason Scott covers state government, real estate and construction, media and marketing, and Dauphin County. Have a tip or question for him? Email him at jasons@cpbj.com. Follow him on Twitter, @JScottJournal. Circle Jason Scott on .

Leave a Comment

test

Please note: All comments will be reviewed and may take up to 24 hours to appear on the site.

Post Comment
View Comment Policy

Comments

close
Subscribe to Our Newsletters!
Click Here to Subscribe for Free Now!