PinnacleHealth issues expansion update
Two new nursing floors at PinnacleHealth's Community General Osteopathic Hospital will open for patients Thursday, the Harrisburg-based nonprofit announced today, also providing an update on its multifaceted expansion project.
The new floors feature larger, private patient rooms, expanded amenities for families and visitors and point-of-care technology to improve care coordination, safety and efficiency.
The third floor of the hospital will be dedicated to post-surgical patients after orthopedic, spine, general and bariatric surgical procedures. The fourth floor will be for cardiac and medical patients and also houses a rehabilitation therapy gym. The fifth floor is shelled for future use.
Updated projections on the other parts of PinnacleHealth System's Vision 2017 strategic plan are as follows.
• Adding two new state-of-the-art operating rooms. Completion anticipated December 2013.
• Adding two floors for private patient rooms and expanded cardiac services and family support areas. Phase one completion anticipated November 2013.
• Upgrading five floors for private patient rooms. Completion anticipated Spring 2015.
West Shore Campus
• New, five-story hospital to include 108 beds with emergency department, acute medical and surgical care, cardiology, orthopedics, and private patient rooms. Completion anticipated May 2014.
• New PinnacleHealth Cancer Center with diagnostic and treatment tools and supportive services. Completion anticipated August 2014.