City, state, federal agencies to attend Small Business Expo
Harrisburg, the state departments of General Services and Public Welfare, and the Naval Supply Systems Command are holding the third annual Small Business Expo next week to help companies better understand doing business with government entities.
The May 29 event at the Farm Show Complex and Expo Center in Harrisburg will include assistance to small firms to compete for government contracts, according to the state Department of General Services. Specialists in government contracting will be offering workshops to explain the processes at the local, state and federal levels for construction, procurement and certification, as well as how to find opportunities.
Speakers during the expo will include:
• Kenneth A. Rapp, state DGS deputy secretary for procurement
• Harrisburg Mayor Linda Thompson
• Karen Deklinski, state Department of Public Welfare deputy secretary for administration
• Karen Fenstermacher, Naval Supply Systems Command assistant commander for financial management and comptroller
• Sean Crean, Department of Navy director of small business
• Sara Manzano-Diaz, regional administrator for the U.S. General Services Administration’s Mid-Atlantic Region
The expo runs from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. next Wednesday. For more information or to register, contact Merry-Grace Majors at 717-255-6508 or email@example.com.