Dates, times set for Carlisle redevelopment workshops
The schedule of workshops next week for the public to discuss and give its input about redevelopment of Carlisle's north side industrial sites has been released, with workshops during the day and review sessions at night, according to planners.
The weeklong public engagement session will begin 6 p.m. Monday, March 11, with a public event at the Carlisle Expo Center at 100 K St. in the borough. Other workshops will be held in the council chambers of borough hall at 53 W. South St.
Here are the times, locations and themes for other events throughout the week:
Tuesday, March 12
• 4-5 p.m., borough hall council chambers — Workshop on multimodal transportation, improvements for quality of life and economic development.
• 7-8:30 p.m., Carlisle Expo Center — Report of community findings to date.
Wednesday, March 13
• 9-10 a.m., council chambers — Workshop on the economy, real estate markets and other concerns for redevelopment of industrial properties.
• 10:30-11:30 a.m., council chambers — Community assets such as parks, arts, cultural and historic resources in Carlisle and role in redevelopment.
• 1-2 p.m., council chambers — Environmental resources, stormwater and utility infrastructure in rebuilding and long-term revitalization strategies.
• 7-8 p.m., council chambers — Studio open house for public to discuss redevelopment studies with the planning team.
Thursday, March 14
• 7 p.m., council chambers — Workshop closing presentation as part of borough council meeting. First draft of ideas and plan proposals for a comprehensive vision of Carlisle’s north side will be on display, including redevelopment framework for industrial sites with key community components worked in.
Additional information can be found on the redevelopment project website.
Location for sessions