Nine local contractors received national recognition this week, according to the Keystone Chapter of the Associated Builders and Contractors Inc.
The ABC National Excellence in Construction awards were held Wednesday in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
The following companies were honored for outstanding construction projects of the past year as well as exemplary safety records:
• Keystruct Construction Inc. in Manchester Township received the Eagle Award for its Cargill feed mill rebuild in Chambersburg and a commendation for its White Rose Surgical Associates project in York.
• Warfel Construction Co. in East Hempfield Township received the Pyramid Award for renovation of Lancaster Central Market and a commendation for its Lancaster General Health Heart Group Outpatient Center fit-out project.
• Witmer Masonry Inc. in Rapho Township received the Pyramid Award for exterior work on Franklin & Marshall College’s New College House.
• Benchmark Construction Co. Inc. in West Earl Township received commendations for its Luther Acres New Towne Center, Interventional Vascular Unit and Pollock Hall Dining Commons projects.
• CCS Building Group in West Lampeter Township was commended for its Willow Valley Lakes Manor Courtyard project.
• Conewago Enterprises Inc. in Conewago Township was commended for its St. Francis Xavier Parish Life and Education Center project.
• James Craft & Son Inc. in Newberry Township was commended for its silicone coater room project at Adhesives Research.
• Wohlsen Construction Co. in Lancaster was commended for its own operations center project.
• Paul Risk Associates Inc. in Quarryville was commended for its household renovations phase one project at Homestead Village.