| Central Penn Business Journal
Hope International hosts entrepreneur conference
Lancaster County-based Hope International on Thursday and Friday will host an entrepreneur conference The New Normal.
Held at The Ware Center in Lancaster, the conference will present several speakers to discuss how to find success in a changing global economy.
The speakers will address "how to successfully adjust to new markets, battle change fatigue, recession-proof your brand and harvest hidden productivity," spokesman Arden Moyer said in an email.
Keynote speaker will be Mark A. Conklin, senior manager of learning and development at Atlanta-based Chick-fil-A Inc.
Other speakers include:
- Anne Beiler, founder of Lancaster-based Auntie Anne's Inc.
- Philip Clemens, chairman and CEO of The Clemens Family Corp. in Montgomery County.
- Peter Greer, president and CEO of Manheim Township-based Hope International.
- Marlin Horst, president and CEO of Earl Township, Lancaster County-based Premier Custom-Built Inc.
- Wade Myers, founder of Web-based New Venture Lab.
- Roger North, founder and president of Lancaster-based North Group Consultants Inc.
- Jeff Rutt, owner and CEO of Keystone Custom Homes Inc., in Manheim Township, Lancaster County.
- Laura Schanz, president and senior consultant for Ingroup Solutions, a division of Manheim Township-based Ingroup Associates Inc.
- Scott Scheffey, owner and president of Scheffey Advertising Inc., which does business as Scheffey Integrated Marketing in Lancaster.
- Brian Shepler, chief financial officer and executive vice president of client services of Georgia-based Ronald Blue & Co.
"Today's business owners and leaders are navigating unprecedented economic and societal challenges, as they adjust to the 'new normal,'" Shanz said in a statement.
Hope International is a microfinance and microcredit nonprofit focused on working with people in the poorest economies worldwide.
Editor's note: This item was modified from its previous version to correct that Hope International is based in Manheim Township.