Monday, Feb. 11, 2013
7:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Radisson Hotel Harrisburg 1150 Camp Hill Bypass Camp Hill, PA 17011 Directions
This half-day program will help businesses find solutions to their energy issues through presentations, networking and an exhibit hall.
Business leaders, facility and operations managers, professional engineers, property owners and energy industry professionals cannot afford to miss this opportunity for candid advice from industry insiders.
PLEASE NOTE: This event will be held regardless of potential winter weather conditions.
Pre-registration online is now closed, but WALK-UP REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Save time on-site... click here to download a form that can be submitted by fax/mail/email.download this form, complete it and bring it with you to the event.
Continue reading for more information about the agenda and speakers.
Registration fee is $40 per person.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
* Business Owners
* Real Estate Owners & Managers
* Professional Engineers
* Energy Industry Professionals
Highlights of the 2013 event will include:
* The energy briefing you cannot afford to miss: "The Future of Energy in the US – Where Investment Dollars are Going and How PA Will Fare"” presented by Mohsen Bonakdarpour, Managing Director, Consulting Economic and Country Risk at IHS Global Insight, the world's largest economics organization and a leading source of global information and analytics.
Bonakdarpour has more than 25 years of experience in macroeconomic, industry and regional analysis with particular expertise in regional economic impact assessment and applications of market planning and modeling tools for a wide array of issues and policies.
* A panel of experts to help your organization cut energy costs through contract negotiation, building renovations and Pennsylvania Act 129 reduction/utilization programs. Panelists will include:
Jim Cawley, Commissioner of the Pennsylvania Public Utilities Commission, discussing Act 129 programs and the upcoming program expirations and launches anticipated this spring.
Dan Kerr, P.E., director of energy services at Harrisburg-based McClure Company, will review case studies and common myths in energy savings renovations.
Jeffrey Norton, Esq., a partner/member at Harrisburg law firm Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott, will advise attendees on what questions to ask and terms to discuss when negotiating an energy contract.
* An update on the natural gas market, including the impact of Marcellus Shale on pricing, will be presented by J.P. Ghio, Vice President of Gas Supply, UGI Utilities, Inc.
* Ample networking opportunities and an exhibit hall of vendors to help businesses with energy solutions.
ATTENTION: Professional Engineers are eligible for 2 Professional Development Hours (PDH) for attending this conference. Certificates for activity logs will be distributed at the end of the program.
7:30am.......Registration, Continental Breakfast & Networking
8:30am.......Update on the Natural Gas Market
8:50am.......Cutting Energy Costs Panel
10:15am.....Keynote: Energy Investments in the U.S.
If you are already a registered attendee, click here for a document with answers to frequently asked questions.
Event Price: $$40 per person
Colleen Jones firstname.lastname@example.org Central Penn Business Journal Phone: 717-236-4300